Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Assignment3.3 Technology- how does it impact learning styles?

I found the articles on this website http://www.ictineducation.org/ very interesting in respect to education. One of the bloggers commented :"the idea that there is a difference between using technology to do things differently and using technology to do different things is a great point."
I can relate to this as I myself have a difficult time using technology to do different things. Does anyone have some ideas they could share? This idea is an advanced sort of thinking and can become difficult to implement. I think that often the applications and different software or computer equipment makes this more difficult. I know I've had challenges and often this creates a level of anxiety that detours my learning. The fact that this world is so different from the one we grew up in when using technology makes it imperative we own our own learning. As the facilitator, we must find a way to impower our students , sometimes we provide the information and sometimes we allow the student to find it themselves. This is another topic of debate: As Morten T. Hansen points out in his book “Collaboration”, what’s important is not collaboration as such, but the right sort of collaboration.When and how do we know what collaboration is needed to promote learning?


OMG::::::
I just realized I posted this as a comment on the previous post instead of as a new post. This is an example of me using technology to do different things- my learning curve is evident.

June 5, 2011 1:39 PM
Post a Comment

Links to this post
Create a Link

No comments: